Little Olive Czech Mayfly Nymph
Click to Magnify
This is a great little mayfly pattern to use on an indicator rig in the bottom position to help get the flies down with its tungsten bead or a great choice to your dropper fly in a dry dropper rig.
- Up -
|Hook:||TMC 3761 - size 14 - 18
|Tail:||Coq De Leon Tailing feather fibers
|Ribbing:||Small Black and Copper Wire
|Thorax:||Gray Sow Scud Dubbing
|Flashback:||Medium Pearl Mylar
- Up -
- Slide bead on hook and secure in vise. Start thread at mid-hook shank and wind back to above barb.
- Strip 5-8 fibers from the Coq De Leon feather and tie in as a tail extending abut 1 hook length.
- Tie in 1 length each small black and copper wire
- Maintaining a slim profile, build a slightly tapered body ending about three eye lengths from the bead.
- Wrap both wires at the same time to make a two-colored rib and tie off at thorax.
- Tie in pearl mylar extending back over the body.
- Dub a short, sparse thorax of gray sow/scud dubbing ending at the bead.
- Pull the flashback mylar over the thorax and tie off.
- Whip-finish behind the bead and pick out the thorax a bit.