Click to Magnify
Although this pattern has been around for some time, I recently saw it again in a copy of Southern Trout. I remember using the pattern quite successfully on the White River a few years ago, but have stopped fishing the pattern for some unknown reason. Check out the Southern Trout Magazine. My favorite colors are red, pearl and black.
- Up -
|Hook:||Tiemco 200R Sizes 18 - 22
|Thread:||UTC 70 or 8/0 Black
|Body:||Medium Flash Back Material or Flashabou
- Up -
- Mount the hook in the vise and lay a layer of thread down the shank. Return the thread to the front of the hook.
- Tie on Flashabou or Flash Back Material and secure to the bend of the hook. Return the tying thread to behind the eye.
- Dab a light coat of head cement over the shank from the bend to the eye. The cement will keep the Flashabou or Flash Back from moving on the shank.
- Wind the Flashabou or Flash Back forward and tie off behind the eye.
- Lay a base of thread two eye lengths long behind the eye. this base will help form a smoother head of herl.
- Tie on a peacock herl and make several wraps of the herl behind the eye.
- Tie off the herl, whip-finish