Click to Magnify
There are many, many different versions of this crustacean that have evolved over the years. The version that is presented most resembles Oliver Edwards - Fly Tying Masters Class of 1984 - pattern the Edwards Shrimp.
- Up -
|Hook:||Dai-Riki 135, Tiemco 2457 or equivalent, size 12-20
|Thread:||8/0 Olive or match body color
|Tail/Antenna:||Pheasant tail fiber tips
|Shellback:||1/8 inch wide clear plastic material or Thin Skin - Fly Speck Clear
|Body:||Sow-Scud Dubbing Watery-Olive #290
- Up -
- Fasten a hook in the vise and attach thread.
- Tie in tail (about 4-5 fibers) and bring the thread to one eye length behind the eye.
- Tie on the front antenna (about 4-5 fibers.
- Tie on the mono to be used for ribbing.
- Tie on the shell back.
- Dub body leaving room for shellback, mono, tie-down and head.
- Tie off dubbing.
- Pull over shellback and tie down. Do not trim off the shellback, yet.
- Bring ribbing forward and trim. Trim the shellback at this time.
- Whip finish and cement the head, if desired.