Click to Magnify
This fly was found in the January 12, 2012 electronically mailed newsletter of the Blue Ribbon Fly Shop in Mountain Home, Arkansas. This a great pattern for fishing both the Norfork and White River tail waters. Also, a great shop that is a must visit for all fly fishers coming to the Mountain Home area.
- Up -
|Hook:||TMC 3769 size 12-18
|Thread:||Uni-Thread 8/0 Tan
|Body:||Cream Sow-Scud Dubbing
|Rib:||Uni-Thread 6/0 Tan
|Lead:||Lead Free Wire .015
|Back:||Scud Back or Ziploc Bag cut to size
|Tail:||Uni-Thread 6/0 Tan
- Up -
- Make 6-8 wraps of your lead wire, centering it on the shank of the hook, then attach your thread and wrap to the back of the hook.
- Tie in a loop of Uni-Thread for the tail. Tie in ribbing, then scud back. While at the rear of the hook, loosely spin the dubbing onto the thread.
- Dub forward, making a small cigar shaped body. Then proceed to pull the Scud Back forward, tying in behind the eye of the hook.
- Rib the body into 6-8 segments, tie off the ribbing, and whip finish.
- Take a bodkin, Velcro, or an old toothbrush and pick out some legs from the underside of the fly.
- The addition of a bead is optional