Click to Magnify
The pattern originated with John Wilson, an excellent guide on the White River system. Checkout John's web site by going to Fly Fishing Arkansas.
- Up -
|Hook:||#16 Tiemco 2457
|Thread:||.006 smoke mono (or clear)
|Dubbing:||Sand Prism #144
|Carapace:||Small D-Rib dark brown
|Ribbbing:||.006 smoke mono (or clear)
- Up -
- Mount hook and jam knot the mono.
- Wind the mono back to tail.
- Dub the mono lightly - very lightly - and dub to the eye.
- Attach the D-Rib at the front with three wraps.
- Holding the D-Rib over the top of the shank, wind the mono back over the D-Rib to hold it atop of the shank and form the rib - about six wraps.
- Tie in at the tail.
- Whip finish at the tail and trim.